Amazon engineering job ladder has the following levels:
- SDE I (L4)
- SDE II (L5)
- SDE III (Senior SDE L6)
- Principal SDE (L7)
- Senior Principal SDE (L8)
- Distinguished Engineer (L10)
Depending on the job level, compensation which is the base salary, RSU and bonus varies, generally higher the level, higher is the compensation.
Working as an SDE at Amazon.
- Amazon is a very fast-paced, high-performance company and believes in hiring the best person for the job.
- Each Amazon team is more or less like a startup, so maintaining a decent work-life balance can be a bit challenging at times.
- Amazon has a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP), and engineers not able to deliver as expected are first put in a development plan and it does not work out, the engineer is placed in PIP. Once on the PIP and then engineer does not improve his/her work, they are let go.
Amazon Job Interview Tips
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid time-off and Holiday overtime pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Discounts on Amazon purchases
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave